Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Decisions, Decisions...Featuring Sara Mueller of A Dose of Pretty & Sara Mueller Designs

We love stories of people discovering their passion and turning it into a career! (Have you noticed that theme here, here, and here?)  

Today, we are excited to introduce you to an inspiring self-employed web designer and blogger who juggles her budding business, her beautiful family, and her wonderful blog...and does it all in style!  (Seriously, her Instagram feed is dripping with style!)

Meet Sara Mueller of A Dose of Pretty and Sara Mueller Designs...

Sara in her home office with her daughter, Ella Sofia, and her dog, Marley.



The path to my current career has been nothing traditional. I majored in Business. I worked for over 10 years in real estate for the Federal government, but when my husband took an opportunity to work on his master's degree we moved to Monterey, California with our then five-month old baby, and I left a career I thought was for a lifetime. Since then we have moved two additional times, once to South America and currently we reside in North Carolina. 

I have always been career driven and ambitious. I never thought I would be a stay-at-home Mom and there's absolutely nothing wrong with being one. I just grew up with a Mom who was a successful business woman and she has been my role model since day one. After a couple of years of being a stay-at-home Mom I realized that I was missing something and that's when I decided to start a blog. And with that, fast forward another couple of years, I realized that I love designing things and making things look pretty. I decided to educate myself in the graphic design field and everyday I am learning new things. Somehow, with blogging I found a very fulfilling career.


Earlier this year I took a leap of faith and opened my own business in blog/web design. I decided to put myself out there and do what I love. And now I get so much pleasure and joy to be able to work from home and still spend my entire day raising my two beautiful children.


Thanks for having me Rebecca & Paula!
xo, Sara

Photography by Lesley Veronika


Thank you,  thank you Sara for sharing your story with us! Bravo for finding and following your passion! Your work is beautiful and we know you'll continue to be successful!

10 comments:

Michelle Woeller said...

Sara, Your two "assistants" are adorable! Juggling a home business and motherhood has its challenges (still trying to figure it all out myself!), but being able to do something you love while being at home with your children is a huge plus! Great pics! Elle

Sara Mueller said...

Thanks for having me ladies!

Sara Mueller said...

thank you Elle!

Paula Jean McIntosh said...

Thank you Sara for sharing your story with us!! And seriously, the cup and saucer are perfection! :)

Mimosa Lane said...

Thanks for the introduction!! I will love looking at her portfolio!

RebeccaJune said...

Get ready to be wowed!

Ashley said...

I adore Sara and her style. I love hearing more about her background and know she will be a big, big resource for blog design!

RebeccaJune said...

She does have GREAT style Ashley!

Michelle @ 29 + Nona said...

Sara is fabulous!

Paula Jean McIntosh said...

I couldn't agree more Michelle!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...